Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Forest Quilt Along Block #2

So far I am loving the Forest Quilt Along hosted by Julianna and Joanna.  I'm just now caught up with making block number two which you can find the free pattern for here

I am loving this Forest Quilt Along so far as the theme is so close to what has always been close in my heart, the forest!  I remember as a child thinking that one day I would live somewhere deep in the woods like Laura Ingalls first home in the 'Big Woods' of Wisconsin.  Maybe one day yet we will retire to a log cabin in the woods, one never knows...  These Blue Jay feathers remind me of my childhood finding these feathers in the woods behind our cabin.  It always felt lucky to find one!

11 comments:

sarah elizabeth :: {no} hats said...

Stunning color choices! I myself need to catch up on all three blocks, and every time I think I'm set on a color palette something brilliant like this pops up and makes me think twice before sewing the first stitch ;)

Deborah said...

Your feathers are gorgeous! What perfect color choices!

Maureen Cracknell Handmade said...

This is so beautiful!!

Molly said...

Love these feathers! But I have to admit that when I saw your headline in my reader I thought it said Forrest Gump Quilt Along and I excitedly clicked to see what I'd find. The feathers fit perfectly :)

Wens said...

These feathers are so beautiful!

Kirsten said...

Beautiful - love these in the blue.

MsMidge said...

Gorgeous!

Chris said...

Love those feathers Heidi and the quilting on your good folks quilt too!

Leanne said...

I am totally loving these blocks, I think I will be joining in after all.

tusen said...

They are lovely. And I especially admire your choice of the light grey for the lowest part of the feathers - it makes this part look softer, like in real feathers.

AmandaK@whatthebobbin said...

Love. It.
AmandaK@whatthebobbin

Total Pageviews